Friday, January 2, 2015

New Year, New Blog, New Projects!

Today marks day 2 of the 2015, and I'm happily checking off one more item on my New Years Resolution list: create a blog for Downeast Traditions!

So what is Downeast Traditions? Well, it's a small one (wo)man business I run out of my own home dedicated to producing heirloom quality quilts and quilted crafts.

Personally, I've been quilting for over 20 years, having learned from my mother, who learned from her grandmother (my great-grandmother), who learned from her mother, and so on and so forth. Near as I can tell, we've been at this well over 100 years. The style I grew up with was traditional New England patchwork.

I will try to be at this blogging thing at least a couple times a week, and will be back with more later about what the quilts are made out of!

Thanks for reading,
Alexi

No comments:

Post a Comment